Wednesday 1 September 2010

Shutters

When we had the wall to the side of the house re-pointed, it really highlighted how rotten the shutters for the downstairs double bedroom had got.
Therefore, when I went over to La Matha in May with Bill, I took some tongue and groove wood, a skill saw and some other tools.  The wood was not as thick as the original but I ended up with something that worked.
The weather was so bad in the last few days I was there, I was not able to paint it outside - that meant I had to wait for one side to dry before painting the other side.  As a result, I ran out of time, with only two coats of undercoat on the wood.  I did ask a builder to pop over and paint it in the same colour as the shutter on the front, but.........  I will be painting it when we go over in September, provided the undercoat is still in good nick!  The other shutters will probably need replacing as well before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment