Wednesday 8 August 2012

La Terrasse

As mentioned below, a few days ago I stayed at La Terrasse during my flying visit, and am happy to report back my findings.  The restaurant and rooms (difficult to call it a hotel!) have been taken over by a husband and wife from Belgium, and their son.  In the morning, I had a good chat with Eric, the husband, who was charming.

My room was fine, although when I was let into the room, the windows were closed and the shutters open.  It had been a very hot day, well over 30c, which meant that the room was like a furnace.  The temperature did not abate until the early hours of the morning - I did not manage to sleep very well.

Now for the restaurant.  What we liked about La Terrasse was that the menu was quirky - a little bit different, and not traditional french cuisine.  Unfortunately, that has changed.  There are now a series of menus, starting with the "Menu Touristique" at €19.50.  This now implies that it is just like all the other French Restaurants.  That said, the food was good and interesting.  I was a bit disappointed by my faux-fillet, which was tough.  Other diners had what looked good main courses, for instance, an interesting mixed grill, served on a wooden model wheelbarrow.

I did enjoy my meal, but not as much as I used to there.  As a result, I am disappointed - we will eat there again, but not as regularly as we used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment