Wednesday 24 April 2013

Les Hommes des Camionnettes Blanches part 2

I have previously posted about a café in the nearby village of Landerrouat (click here for that article).  When we were out in April, Bill and I decided to go there - a first experience for Bill, but the third time for me.  We went in our van, which was not out of place, as there were at least half a dozen parked along the road outside the café.

On entering the café we found it packed.  Bill and I were squeezed in at the back near an elderly English couple.  Food was good: vegetable soup, terrine, steak and chips, cheese, and rum baba, followed by a coffee, and washed down with water and a bottle of  vin ordinaire.  All this for €12.  Amazing value.

Following that lunch, Bill and I are definitely in the secret society of Les Hommes des Camionnettes Blanches!


No comments:

Post a Comment